Saturday, June 17, 2023

THE PHANTOM'S JOURNEY

THE PHANTOM'S JOURNEY
by Dreamy Poetess

In the pouring rain of the cold night's embrace,
I lay awake, my sleep disrupted, no solace to chase.
A heart filled with love, yet burdened with unrest,
Unable to grasp the depths of this emotional test.

A phantom among the crowd, feeling out of place,
Lost in a world where masks hide every face.
Bizarre sensations stir within, difficult to explain,
I comply and obey, even when I disagree, in silent pain.

Weariness engulfs me as I face the smiling throng,
Yearning to reveal my true self, to prove them wrong.
But the world's madness holds me back, bound in chains,
Yet, deep within, I know my endurance remains.

For my spirit is unbreakable, unwavering and strong,
Though unseen, it carries me through each challenge along.
In the face of adversity, I rise above the strain,
With resilience and determination, my true self I'll regain.

No comments:

Post a Comment